[Eric] Can't see pysvn and plugin repository not working

Collin Day dcday137 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:28:53 BST 2008

Hello -

I can't find any info on the web (or i am not searching for the right
thing), so I figured I would try asking here.  Does anyone know hoew to
get pysvn working?  I have it installed, but when I select it for the
projects version control, nothing happens and the plugin info tells me:

No module named _pysvn_2_5

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/Plugins/PluginVcsPySvn.py is
present on my computer and I have installed pysvn 1.6.0 from the Gentoo
Sunrise repo.

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pysvn/__init__.py

is also present, so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if
this is a known bug and i need to use a newer snapshot possibly?
Currently, Eric4 tells me my versions are:

Version Numbers
Python 2.5.2
Qt 4.3.5
PyQt 4.4
sip 4.7.6
QScintilla 2.2
eric4 4.1.6 (r2290)

also, when I try to search for pysvn with the "Settings-> Show external
tools" I have no luck.

Second, when I try to use the Plugin Repository, I click on the update
button, nothing happens.

If anyone could tell me if I am doing something wrong, or point me in
the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-C