[Eric] hello and help

Tim Rue eric3seas at abstractionphysics.net
Sat Jul 19 23:33:27 BST 2008

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Samstag, 19. Juli 2008, Tim Rue wrote:
>
>> Hello, I've been using eric3 in the past and now eric4 on ubuntu latest.
>> version of eric4 is 4.1.6
>>
>> Startup eric4 thru the applications menu as an application in a terminal.
>> In the past eric would use this terminal for console applications.
>> Currently I have not been able to get  eric to see the terminal.
>> My console application breaks on an ncurses cbreak() err.
>>
>> But it doesn't seem that eric is communicating with the terminal from
>> which it was started so not using ncurses doesn't help.
>>
>> How do I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks, and I think eric is  the best.
>>
>> Tim
>>

> Try setting the debugger options for "Console debugger" (Debugger->General
> (Part 2)). Maybe you should disable the redirect checkboy as well
> (Debugger->Python).
>
> Regards,
> Detlev

Detlev, this does not work and I'm puzzled by it.
But its good to know it is suppose to, as that is the way I set things
in eric4, as I did in eric3.

I again installed eric3 as a comparison and it seems to work ok,

(On Ubuntu 8.0.4 and 7.0 series)

This works:
python 2.5.2
Qt 3.3.8b
PyQt 3.17.4
sip 4.7.3
QScintilla 1.7.1
eric 3.9.5

this does not work:
python 2.5.2 (also tried setting custom python interpreter to python 2.4)
Qt 4.3.4
PyQt 4.3.3
sip 4.7.3
QScintilla 2.2
eric 4.1.6      (also tried earlier version of eric4 with no success)

Now compiling for install of QT 4.4, but I don't think this will help.

best,
Tim