[Eric] eric4 and Turkish locale

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jul 2 17:44:00 BST 2008

On Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2008, Onur Küçük wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:56:54 +0200
>
> Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the problem seems to be within the Python packages. Unfortunately I
> > cannot change these.
>
>  Yeap you are right, the problem was in email library in __init__.py of
> Python. I have put a workaround for it in Python, but now I am having a
> different trouble;
>
>  eric4 starts with only these messages
>
>  $ eric4
> Warning: translation file 'eric4_tr_TR'could not be loaded.
> Using default.
> Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_tr_TR'could not be loaded.
> Using default.
>
>  and starts fine, I open a new file, write something and press enter,
> and a warning window pops up
>
> Uyarı:
> QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Enter
>
>  This happens with both tr_TR and tr_TR.UTF-8 locales, again with both
> 4.1.5 and 20080625 snapshot.
>
>  Any idea what might be the problem, and how to fix it ? Anymore info I
> can provide ?

That could be a problem of the turkish translation. Please try to start the
configuration dialog (standalone version, eric4-configure), and select the
English interface. Try to start eric4. If that doesn't work, go to
~/.config/Eric4 and delete eric4.ini and repeat the above steps. Once the IDE
starts, load the default keyboard shortcuts (default.e4k). Thereafter please
try to switch back toTurkish interface and report your result.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de