[Eric] Installation problems

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Jan 26 11:15:24 GMT 2008

On Freitag, 25. Januar 2008, Michael S. wrote:
> Hi Detlev,
>
> thanks for your help. Changing the language worked fine.
>
> Re. QT designer and linguist, I seem to have two icons for each on the
> eric toolbar - my guess is that one is for the QT3 and one for the QT4
> incarnation. Since I have only QT4 installed, I'd like to get rid of the
> superfluous icons. How can I accomplish that?

Please check the following:

1. In the configuration dialog, Qt page the entry Qt3 directory should be
empty (default value).
2. If Qt3 is not installed, the environment variable QTDIR should not exist or
be empty.

Once this is met, the icons should be gone.

> Re. splash screen: I went to the start menu entry for eric4 ->
> properties, and added the nosplash argument like this:
> C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\eric4\eric4.pyw --nosplash
> However, that splash screen is still showing. What did I do wrong?

Nothing. I just checked it over here and it works.