[Eric] Not doing anything

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Jan 26 10:16:54 GMT 2008

On Freitag, 25. Januar 2008, Neil S. Domalik wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 19:22 +0100, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> > > Detlev,
> > >
> > >  here is what the terminal window came up with when I ran Eric from
> > > there.
> > >
> > > Warning: translation file 'qt_en_US'could not be loaded.
> > > Using default.
> > > Warning: translation file 'eric4_en_US'could not be loaded.
> > > Using default.
> > > Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_US'could not be loaded.
> > > Using default.
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File
> > > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/DebugClients/Python/DebugClient
> > >.py" , line 38, in <module> debugClient.main()
> > >   File
> > > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/DebugClients/Python/DebugClient
> > >Base .py", line 1868, in main self.connectDebugger(port, remoteAddress,
> > > redirect) File
> > > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/eric4/DebugClients/Python/DebugClient
> > >Base .py", line 953, in connectDebugger
> > > sock.connect((DebugAddress,port)) File "<string>", line 1, in connect
> > > socket.error: (111, 'Connection refused')
> >
> > Here we have the problem. Do you have a firewall that does some nasty
> > things? Try to go to the Debugger->General (Part 1) page of the
> > configuration dialog and set the IDE to just listen on localhost.
> >
> > Detlev
>
> Detlev
>
> That was it Thanks a ton. What port is it looking out of incase I want
> to use that debugging feature? Or is it in work?

The IDE is just opening a port on all interfaces and listens on it. This port
is given to the debugger backend, when it is started. The debugger backend
connects back to this port. That means, everytime you start the IDE, another
port will be used. Shall this be changed to use a fixed, configurable port?

detlev at die-offenbachs.de