[Eric] debugger and zipped eggs

Darren Dale darren.dale at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 2 15:50:15 GMT 2008

This morning I was trying to use eric4 to debug a script on a kubuntu box, and
I got an error message during the import:

The debugged program raised the exception OSError
"[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/darren'"
File: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pkg_resources.py, Line: 1659

Eric runs the script fine without the debugger. It looks like the debugger is
unable to handle scripts that import a package that was installed as a zipped
egg:

http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2007-December/014970.html

The problem does not exist on my gentoo box at work. Is it possible for eric's
debugger to support zipped eggs?

Thanks,
Darren