[Eric] ANN: new eric4 4.3.0 snapshot available

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Dec 3 16:30:16 GMT 2008

On Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2008, Haroldo Stenger wrote:
> hi ! Detlev,
>
> Danke schön !
>
> I could start commpiling things fine yesterday once I uninstalled an ubuntu
> package, namely, qt3-dev, as you correctly suggested.
>
> I'm happily running Qscintilla 2.3.2 + Eric4 - 4.3-snapshot_20081130 +
> Django Plugin 2.0.2 with template support.
>
> Initially, I got somewhat confused about the wording in the snapshot
> release notes, regarding what django templates *.django support was,
> because my usually templates are *.html files. Has anyone suggested they
> should be named *.django ? May I be shown any discussions, since I'm
> interested in terminology issues... ?

That association was grabbed from editra. Another reason was, to not confuse
with the .html association with the HTML lexer. However, you may change this
in the configuration dialog.

> By the way, I've seen somewhat strange behaviour in the indent lines since
> I changed the font in Qt config. they seem to mark indents somewhat
> arbitrarily, to my taste (yes, it is a taste matter, not necessarily a bug,
> I think). I attach a screenshot. The indent guides start on line lower the
> line that starts the given indenting level, and also breaks if it "passes
> through" a demotion in the indenting sequence. May I configure how
> indenting guides get rendered somehow ?

Are you using a monospace font? There have been similar problems in the past
with QScintilla. It is not an eric4 problem. Phil, are you listening?

> I really think Eric4 is a great tool. It is getting better each release
> cycle.
>
> Also, there is a subtle bug in the python syntax treatment: for blocks
> allow an else: block, and if I want to align the else block to the
> corresponding for, the tab key and the backspace keys step over the correct
> position, getting the cursor in the before or the after indenting
> positions. Only by pressing space till the correct position can I indent
> correctly the else clauses infor blocks. Can this be fixed ? Or am I
> wrongly interpreting something ? I know it's a wierd python syntax corner,
> but it exists, and if by accident something gets reindented to an enclosing
> if: f.i., code breaks.

It works for me. However, the Python typing completer gets in the way and
dedents the else: to the last indentation level associated with an if or elif
statement. Seems, I have to fix this.

Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de