[Eric] Re: Eric crashes on winxp

Simsys Miller simsys.miller at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 29 14:29:23 BST 2008

Hi,

in our company we use windows XP and I had crashes every time I try to
start eric 4.20. After the splash screen at start up there was a hint
about a illegal address and eric4 crashed. I use eric4 often at home
on linux: he is stable and I like him. So I played around with the the
configuration utility and switched the auto update thing OFF
(Application/Preferences/update/Check period to NONE). We use a proxy
in our company and so I later switched the use proxy checkbox Use prox
to ON and inserted the proxy address and port here. After that I could
check for updates, manual and auto triggered.

I think, eric4 has a problem, when he is installed behind a proxy and
he tries to get information about newer versions from the internet (at
least on Windows XP).

regards
Winfried