[Eric] Eric4+PyQt always crashes in WindowsXP using the latest version

Max.Chen kalaqistudio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:41:29 BST 2008

[Subject] Eric4+PyQt always crashes in WindowsXP using the latest version

I installed Eric4 after a long long effort. However, almost in 2
minutes since Eric was launched,
it was closed automaticlly, a dialog poped up and told me as below:

pythonw25.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
for the inconvenience.

Then a message box also jumped out to warn me that the program had reference
to illegal address,
such as 0x00000000.

configuration

windows XP
eric 4.2.0
Qt 4.4.1
PyQt 4.4.3-1
sip 4.7.7
QScintilla 2.2

Is there anyone who met such things before? I'll be appreciated if you can
give me some advice.

Regards,
Max Chen