[Eric] Eric crashes on winxp

Daniel Watrous dwmaillist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 22:10:56 BST 2008

Hello,

I finally got eric installed (a bit difficult, took me several hours).  I'm
afraid that I may have done something wrong since it crashes upon startup
every time.  I'm not sure how much or little to report here, but let me
start with this.

To start it I'm double clicking the file eric4.bat.
This displays the splash screen (little troll) and then the main window
Shortly after displaying the splash screen the main windows shows and then
the standard windows box opens up and complains that
"pythonw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

It asks if I want to send an error report to microsoft and offers a little
blue link to see what the error contains.  The error identifies the
following
AppName: pythonw.exe
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
ModName: qtcore4.dll
ModVer: 4.4.1.0
Offset: 000x6a7a

I'm not sure if I missed something, but google didn't give me much feedback
either.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel