[Eric] eric4 on ubuntu 8.04?

Seref Arikan serefarikan at kurumsalteknoloji.com
Sat Aug 9 17:05:07 BST 2008

Ok, this is humiliating, but it appears sudo apt-get install is all it takes
to install eric4!. How stupid can I be?
There are minor version issues, but this does not decrease my shame.

Thanks for the kind responses

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Seref Arikan <
serefarikan at kurumsalteknoloji.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I have the latest and greatest all source files for all necessary
> dependencies, from qt to qscintilla etc. I have to say that I'm not very
> fond of installing from source under ubuntu, but it appears this is the way
> to go for Eric.
>
> I'm just creating an image of the linux partition, in case I mess it up
> again, and if I succeed somehow, I'd be happy to share this in my blog, and
> in the list. Fingers crossed :)
>
> Cheers
>
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Tim Rue <eric3seas at abstractionphysics.net>wrote:
>
>> Detlev Offenbach wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I did it that way:
>>>
>>> 1. Installed Kubuntu 8.04.
>>> 2. Compiled and installed QScintilla2 from source
>>> 3. Compiled and installed sip from source
>>> 4. Compiled and installed PyQt4 from source
>>> 5. Compiled and installed QScintilla2 Python bindings from source