[Eric] PyQt4 code completion in Eric

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Apr 27 18:30:44 BST 2008

On Sonntag, 27. April 2008, objectref wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i had the problem that i think one of us here had, the one that when we
> go at Settings/Preferences menu, the IDE is suddenly closed.
> I thing he has found a solution but as i am now in the transition from
> Vista to Ubuntu, i have lost these 2-3 emails that he and Detlev wrote.
>
> As i encounter this too, can anybody send them to me so i can continue
> with Eric's config settings ??
>
> Thanks for any help.

Gustavo Diaz wrote:

Well, i was digging at Kubuntu Hardy Eric repository version and seems
they've applied a patch Temporary hack to fix crash with PyQt 4.3.3 and Qt
4.3.4.

So, I've edited the file ConfigureDialog.py inside eric/Preferences and
commented these lines as the patch does:

# Commented, crash with Qt 4.3.4/PyQt 4.3.3 and is just here to
automatically expand the tree
            #if pitm != self.configList:
                #self.configList.setItemExpanded(pitm, True)

which is around line 256.
Now seems to work better, at least preferences dialog shows up.

Cheers.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de