[Eric] PyQt4 code completion in Eric

Andrea Grandi a.grandi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 13:24:48 BST 2008

Hi,

>  It's not a bug, it's a feature. The QScintilla 2 docs say "This is ignored
>  when the auto-completion source is an installed API as the corresponding
>  language determines the case sensitivity." According to the QScintilla2
>  sources, it is ignored, if a lexer has been installed (i.e. a language for
>  the editor has been selected or determined automatically).

if this is a feature of QScintilla, let me say that is a very bad
feature imho.... lot of languages are case sensitive, but other
*smart* IDE let you type code with any casing, then they substitute
what you typed with corrrect text (I'm talking about Visual Studio,
Eclipse, Netbeans ecc....).

Maybe I need to learn how to use the QScintilla code completion....
I'll try to do it.

Thanks anyway.

--
Andrea Grandi