[Eric] New Project Bug - Crashes Eric4

joe at joesacher.com joe at joesacher.com
Mon Apr 7 15:26:03 BST 2008

> From: Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>
>
> unfortunately I cannot reproduce it over here in Xp. However, the
> completer
> only displays a list, if the path starts with a drive. This is pure Qt and
> cannot be influenced by eric4. eric just sets up a QCompleter and that's
> it.
> Maybe I can get a copy of the traceback window (I hope you get a nice
> stack
> trace).
>
> Regards,
> Detlev

This is what I get on the crash window:
AppName: pythonw.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: qtgui4.dll
ModVer: 4.3.4.0	 Offset: 006ba70b

I get the standard memory dump, but can't find a decent traceback.  It is
just the normal windows crash dialog, which isn't usually all that
helpful.  Wonder what I get if I crash Eric while running in Eric...
Nope.  I can get Eric running inside Eric fine.  Still get just a hard
pythonw.exe crash when it occurs.  I may see if I can create a simple app
with the QCompleter using Eric code as a reference to reproduce it.

Although, now my sick recursive mind wants to try to run Eric in an Eric
that I'm running in Eric.  That was fun.  I got 5 levels deep and was
bored.

Joe Sacher