[Eric] Eric4 on Windows

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 30 13:36:04 BST 2007

On 30.09.07 14:21:54, Petr Jakeš wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have installed the PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.3.1-1.exe binary package on my Win XP
> >> SP2 machine. The "Show external tools" command did not show any tool. To
> >> solve that I decided to add "C:\Python25" path to the Windows PATH
> >> wariable. (for dummies like me:
> >> http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm).
>
> > That step must be done in order to execute the tools.
>

> >> After restarting Eric4, almost all external tools were detected.
> >> BUT: Version Control - CVS, Version Control - Subversion, Version Control -
> >> Subversion (Python) are still not available.
>
> > Are these packages installed (CVS, Subversion and/or PySvn)?
>
> As I can find following directory, I hope they are.

No, CVS as well as Subversion or PySvn are external tools that you need
to install separately.  All that comes with eric is a bunch of GUI stuff
that integrates these external tools into eric, the tools themselves are
not bundled with eric.

Andreas

--
Your fly might be open (but don't check it just now).