[Eric] Pasting rectangular selection - better insert line by line

yzhh yezonghui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:07:38 BST 2007

Hi,
    I just found eric3 supports "rectangular selection", so I tried and found some
 inconvenience.

    The selection and copying/cutting are ok. But when I paste the text back, the
 result is not as I expected. I'd like to see the a block of selection being
embedded
 in the middle of the text, i.e. each line of selection inserted at the same column
 in the current and following rows.

    The following may make my idea more clear:

block (marked as '#'s) selected:
@@@@@@@@
@###&&&&
@###&&&&
@@@@@@@@

block cut:
@@@@@@@@
@&&&&
@&&&&
@@@@@@@@

block paste at column 3, row 2, I expect this:
@@@@@@@@
@&&###&&
@&&###&&
@@@@@@@@