[Eric] signals and slots on pyqt4

Flavio Coelho fccoelho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:35:11 BST 2007

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for answering my off-topic question.

I think I have  pinpointed the problem: I am subclassing the class generated
by Pyuic4. Now I have to do multiple inheritance inheriting both the Qt base
class (QWidget) and auto-generated ui class. So I got confused with this new
way of subclassing.

I got it to work now.

Thanks again,

On 10/25/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 25.10.07 10:54:03, Flavio Coelho wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am porting an app from pyqt3 to pyqt4 but my signals are, apparently
> being
> > ignores instead of being sent to the appropriate slots. Here is my
> > connection code:
> > QtCore.QObject.connect(self.editButton,QtCore.SIGNAL("released()"),
> > self.editScript)
> >
> > Any Idea why this is happening?
>
> Usually  you'd use the clicked() signal instead of the released()
> signal.
>
> Anyway, you can check wether the connection succeeded by checking the
> return value of connect() and also by watching the console output of
> your application, if the connection fails then QObject will output a
> message saying so including some hints as to why it failed.
>
> Apart from that you'd need to post a minimal working example that
> reproduces the problem, from the line above I can't see anything wrong.
>
> Andreas
>
> PS: And this is actually the wrong list, PyQt4 questions should be
> directed to pyqt <at> riverbank...
>
> --
> Your heart is pure, and your mind clear, and your soul devout.

Flávio Codeço Coelho
"My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who
do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
first group; there was much less competition."
Indira Gandhi
registered Linux user # 386432
get counted at http://counter.li.org