[Eric] Keys no longer working

Philippe Fremy phil at freehackers.org
Fri Oct 5 15:45:02 BST 2007

	Hi,

I installed Eric recently. I modified some of the key shortcut to
resemble MSVC and then Eric stopped more or less accepting keys. I can
use it with the mouse properly but I can not edit text or use any shortcut.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the lastest snapshots. It worked for
5 seconds :-) . I could edit a file, then I typed C-Z and I had a popup
with something like "Control-Z is an amibibuus shortcut" and then eric
stopped accepting key again.

I am on windows, with pyhton2.5 and latest PyQt.

I suppose that an exception is generated that prevents key events from
being handled. Is there any log file I can look at ?

Changing the key shortcut did not seem to work very well by the way.
Sometimes, it would change another shortcut than the one I was editing,
or it would mess up other shortcuts, like removing the shift/control/alt
modifiers.

Apart from that, using it was a pleasing experience :-)

Any idea how to fix my problem ? I could not locate the Eric settings.
If I could, I would be happy to set them back to default.

	Philippe