[Eric] Problem with breakpoints

Martin Åkerberg martin.aakerberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:17:16 GMT 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 7:05 PM, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 7. November 2007, Martin Åkerberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with breakpoints in Eric. Whenever I set a breakpoint in
> > one specific source file they dont work. If I set the breakpoint in another
> > file they work.
> > and I can step into and through the problematic file with no problem, but
> > if I for instance choose "Continue to cursor" it fails and the program just
> > continues.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > BR, Martin
>
> Not without a little test app, that shows the problem.
>
> Detlev
> --
> Detlev Offenbach
> detlev at die-offenbachs.de

My application is too large to post and since I don't know what is
causing the problem for this file I am not able to recreate it in a
smaller application. I just thought there maybe was some known pitfall
with breakpoints. The problematic file is located in a subfolder in
the project. But there are other subfolders with other files where the
breakpoints work fine. It seems though that all files in this specific
folder has problems with breakpoints.

I import the module in the files from this folder after appending the
path to sys.path. I tried this on a simple test-project and there the
breakpoints work fine.

For now I have circumvented the problem by calling a dummy method in a
file in another folder where I place the breakpoint, which works fine.

/Martin