[Eric] Installation trouble on Windows XP SP2

Peter Bradley p.bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jun 13 18:53:47 BST 2007

Two people (Laurent and Andreas) kindly pointed out that I need to run
configure.py, and say that this file is in the Python directory...

I have Python installed in C:\Python25.  There is no configure.py in
that tree at all.

The only files called configure.py that I can find are in the QScintilla
download.  Is that what I'm looking for?  Is it in the right place?

I'm also a bit puzzled by references to sip.  I see that there is a
sub-folder in the QScintilla download.  Was it (sip) installed when I
compiled and installed QScintilla?  Or do I have to do something else?

Sorry if I'm sounding terminally thick, but I'm a bit confused by all this.

Peter