[Eric] Find and Run project behaviour

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Jan 20 12:27:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Jan/20/2007, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> > (I don't like, why to not accept "Enter" in the Find dialog to search
> > next word?)
> >

> Your requested behavior was the behavior in the past. Then various
> users found it irritating, that F3 (= Find Next outside the dialog))
> didn't work in the dialog. Therefore it was changed. What should be
> the right way?

Oh! I see, F3 is "Finding Next" in "Find Dialog!"

So, people doesn't like that default action, after find one word in
"Find dialog" is "find next"?

OpenOffice has this behaviour, Firefox has too. I think that Microsoft's
IDE's (I have used some of them in work) has too. Which is the program
that, in Find Dialog, pressing Enter is not finding next?

I pressed Enter to find next in that dialog and was not finding next (as
other programs). It was confusing for me.

Thanks :-)

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona