[Eric] Find and Run project behaviour

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Jan 20 11:17:29 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Jan/20/2007, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Saturday 20 January 2007 11:08, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > (I am still using Eric 3.9.1)
> >
> > I am working and then I press Ctrl+F. I write some word and I press
> > "Enter" and word is serched. This is fine. But if I press Enter again,
> > I expect that "Find Next" is executed, but nothing happends. Is it
> > possible to change it? Is it a bug or a feature?
>
> It is a feature. Find next is F3 by default.

(I don't like, why to not accept "Enter" in the Find dialog to search
next word?)

> > Now a question: I am working and I want to execute the project. I have
> > to do: Shift+F2 and Enter (usually I don't need to write any
> > "Commandline", "Working directory", etc.). Is there any way to avoid the
> > "Run project" dialog?
>
> The first time you want to run/debug/... something, you are offered a dialog
> to configure the action. Therafter you can use the Restart action, which
> reperforms the last run/debug/... action with the same parameters entered
> into the dialog the first time (no dialog will be shown).

Ok, so I have to get used to use F4 (I saw this option but I didn't run
the project before, I thought that it was to restart if it was running
-it is disabled if has not ran)

I will try to use F4 now :-) For new users, I think that would be easier
to change this shortcut. I am not a IDE's extensive user, but I think
that is more common F2, Shift+F2, F5 and Shift+F5. But I am not expert
on it...

> > And usully I run projects, not scripts (only me?)
> > so I would prefer to be able to run the project only with "F2" and not
> > "Shift+F2". Maybe is it possible to configure it?
>
> Yes, via the keyboard shortcuts dialog.

Yes! i saw it just after send the mail :-/ :-)

Once more: thanks!

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona