[Eric] eric4 doesn't run after installation

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jan 7 13:10:11 GMT 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 03:04, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the 1230 snapshot for eric4 today and it seems that the line
> for the Shell import in DebugViewer.py is commented out. This leads to a
> failure to start because the embedded Shell is to be created while
> starting eric4.
>
> Andreas

Hi,

I can confirm this problem. It occurs, if you configure eric4, that the shell
is embedded in the debug viewer. Meanwhile use eric4-configure to change this
to use the separate shell window. I'll fix it in the next snapshot. That will
take a couple of days because it will include support for the new QScintilla2
APIs API.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de