[Eric] Installing on os x 10.4.11

Jim T sigpoggy at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 18:43:48 GMT 2007

I got to step 3 - Build and install QScintilla2
Instructions indicated a make file would be created, it was not
there was however an xcode project which I used to build a release
version of the library. Since the make install would not work I put the
library in /usr/lib as a best guess for location

On step 5 -  Build and install QScintilla2 Python bindings, running
configure.py resulted in an Error: Qsci/qsciglobal.h could not be found in /usr/include so I copied the Qsci directory to usr/include
I then ran make as instructed and got a whole slew of template with
C linkage errors. Here's a sample:
/usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/stl_vector.h:76: error: template with C linkage
/usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/stl_vector.h:148: error: template with C linkage
/usr/include/c++/4.0.0/bits/stl_vector.h:258: error: template with C linkage

I am baffled as to what to do at this point.
Any help?
BTW, I am using the latest packages from riverbankcomputing, xcode 2.5