[Eric] python autocompletion in the console

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 27 16:24:28 GMT 2007

Jake B wrote:
> Works great.
> Just as a suggestion, though, why not use the same keyboard shortcuts
> in the console as in the editor so that you have a more consistent UI?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jake

Hi Jake,

The tab has been the completion key in the console for many years and
most *nix users are used to the tab in the console.

The editor already used the tab to ehhh -- well -- create a tab.
So, thats how the ctrl-space came into existence. So it was the editor
that deviated and chose a different path.

When I use the python editor I am using the console and so my fingers
automatically choose the tab. For me that is consistent.So I hope it
stays ... ;-)

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,