[Eric] unittest function from menu gives error, where commandline does not.

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 23 05:08:08 GMT 2007

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to appologize for this sequence of questions.
I just started doing Python and Eric. I am afraid it will not be the
last one. If I can not find an answer through google or the docs, I will
ask the list. The available docs for Python are very complete, so most
of my questions are about Eric. Again, sorry about that.

Now, I have a program for which I have a small testprogram. I can call
the testprogram from the command line and it displays the results as
expected. However, the dialog from the menu option "unittest" gives me
an error message: "Unable to run unittest: No module names utils.

The module this message refers to, is module in a different directory,
for which I added to the python path as follows:

sys.path.append('../utils')

I included this line into the file being tested.

Again, using the commandline from the directory the testprogram is in,
I can do the unittest.

Anyone, any idea what might be wrong?

Guus.
--