[Eric] Eric4 questions.

"ΑΝΤΩΝΗΣ ΜΠΟΥΝΤΟΥΒΑΣ" aboudouvas at vodafone.net.gr
Wed Aug 15 16:44:24 BST 2007

Hi,

i just feel the need to ask some question about Eric4. By using it i already have some wondering about it.

So here they are:

a. Can we save the set of preferences that we set in Eric4 so we do not have to re-set them in another pc or when we uninstall/install a new version ?
Maybe this is a file that they kept in so we can copy that file over.

b. Can we suppress the dialog box that is displayed when a program finish execution and control returns to Eric4 ?

c. I use Phil Thompon's binary installer (windows). What i have to do so to install Eric4 new snapsot's versions ? unzip the source in a directory and run "python install.py" ? Is this enough so it can actually replace my \python25\lib\site-packages Eric4 installation with the new one ??

d.I have the Shell window "hidden" so i can have space for more code on the editor. Is there a way to bring this Shell window back to open after program finish execution so i can examine print statements an such ?

Thanks lot for any help and i apologize for the question-list :)