[Eric] Directory structure

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Aug 14 14:34:39 BST 2007

On Dienstag, 14. August 2007, ΑΝΤΩΝΗΣ ΜΠΟΥΝΤΟΥΒΑΣ wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I try to use source folders (or "packages") to Eric4 but it seems i cannot.
> I just want to start a project from scratch with some .py files and at some
> time to add folders with other .py files so i can better organize the
> project.
>
> In Eclipse/PyDev, i can add a new "Pydev Package", put my .py files there
> and thus i can reference them from other .py files from the same project.
>
> How i can do the same thing in Eric4 from the IDE ?? The IDE seems to
> expect a directory that already exist...

Just open a new editor, enter some documentation strings for the new package
and save the file with the name "__init__.py". Use the "Save to Project"
action for this. In the file dialog just create a new folder and save it in
there. The __init__.py file is automatically added to the project.

I'll add a similiar function to eric4 for version 4.1.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de