[Eric] Installing eric on an interl Mac running OS X10.4.1

Mark Thomas m.thomas at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 13:53:55 BST 2007

Hi

I am trying to install eric on an interl Mac running OS X10.4.1 and have
been through all of the instructions as follows:

1. Install Qt4  - done
2. Build and install sip - done
3. Build and install QScintilla2 - done
4. Build and install PyQt4 - done
5. Build and install QScintilla2 Python bindings - done

I then went to install eric and got the following error:

Sorry, please install QScintilla2 and
it's PyQt4 wrapper.
Error:
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/PyQt4/Qsci.so, 2): Library not loaded: libqscintilla2.2.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-package
s/PyQt4/Qsci.so
  Reason: image not found

But I installed QScintilla2 and when in python, 'import PyQt4' works fine.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

All best

Mark