[Eric] understanding eric4 slowness

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 22:08:49 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm not here to rant, I really like to understand the following things
(without having to dig into the code too much).

a) Why does it take so long to load a project? Is it the flat layout of
the XML file that makes parsing so slow or is it the population of the
models?

b) Resizing the projectbrowser seems to update very slow, could that be
due to debug builds of PyQt and sip? Or is it rather the model thats
"slow" here?

c) How do I do performance tests on eric4? I tried the profile project
option in eric3 but after the splash screen vanishes nothing seems to
happen.

All in all eric3 seems to be much faster than eric4.

Andreas

--
You are farsighted, a good planner, an ardent lover, and a faithful friend.