[Eric] How to debug eric4 inside eric3

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 9 19:18:15 BST 2007

On 09.04.07 15:52:20, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Freitag, 6. April 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm wondering what steps would I have to take to debug eric4 from inside
> > eric3 without installing eric4?
> >
> > I changed the last patch I sent to the list a bit to remove the need for
> > the item-list, but now I'm getting crashes because internalPointer() is
> > not valid anymore.
>
> just open eric4.e3p in eric3 and it should work.

Unfortunately it doesn't. When opening it (and having eric4 not
installed) I hit the run button and put "eric4.py" into the executable
line. Then I get:

"No module named eric4config"
File:
/home/andreas/..../eric4-snapshot-20070402/eric/Utilities/__init__.py

Putting the eric4-snapshot-20070402 dir into the working directory line
doesn't help either.

I also tried to use eric4-snapshot as project dir, but then nothing
happens at all, neither with "eric/eric4.py" nor with "eric4.py" as
executable.

Andreas

--
Don't plan any hasty moves.  You'll be evicted soon anyway.