[Eric] Subversion-Access

Christof Hanke hanke at rzg.mpg.de
Tue Sep 5 08:49:59 BST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with subversion using https with authentication.
Probably my mistkae, but here we go...

The repository is published by apache2 and can be viewed under
https://server/repos/<RepositoryName>

On the command-line, svn info . brings up as URL just
"https://server/repos/<RepositoryName>", which is to be expected.

If I create a new Project with "Repository has standard layout" checked,
I get the error
"https://server/repos/<RepositoryName>/trunk does not exist"
Why is "trunk" added to it ?
If I uncheck the "Repository has standard layout" box, then I do get the
files, but the project itself is marked as "The project is not version
controlled." :-(

Versions: eric 3.9.1, python 2.4, svn 1.3.2.

Two other points:

* If I type in a local directory which does not exists, the directory is
created, but the svn-checkout is not performed.

* It would be really nice, to have a "back"-button in case of creating a
project from a Repository and this fails, because it kind of tedious to
type in the servername and Directory all over again (with a differnt
typo this time ;-)

Thanks for any help, and for eric in general, it's a great tool!

Christof