[Eric] Ideas for eric4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 8 19:53:00 GMT 2006

On 08.12.06 19:40:43, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> > > Do you know of a tool like this?
> >
> > KDE but thats not really a tool is it ;) Or Qt's designer, you can
> > drag&drop actions there, which is basically the same.
>
> That was not what I meant. Do you know of a dialog, that can be used in an
> application to configure the actions shown on a toolbar?

No, unless you mean what it should look like (I attach a screenshot of
the one from kdevelop, kde3). Basically you need to lists with the
actions (icon+name), add/remove button and a chooser for the toolbar to
configure.

> > > Which one are you talking about?
> >
> > Oops, I mean for an empty file.
>
> So, it's the editor context menu?

Right, sorry I thought "empty file" would be clear enough.

> > > Ctrl+W closes the editor. Question: Should a split be removed if it's
> > > last editor is closed?
> >
> > I would expect that, else its not really clear where a new file would be
> > opened. This problem also has to do with the fact that there's no real
> > focus information in Qt4 tabs (sth. that is being worked on, but I'm not
> > sure if at Qt or just KDE level).
>
> In eric[34] a new file is opened in the active split. That one is indicated by
> a green LED (on the right side).

Oh, right. Missed that :)

Andreas

--
You will be singled out for promotion in your work.