[Eric] Ideas for eric4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Dec 7 15:54:16 GMT 2006

Hi,

Detlev, I guess you still take ides for eric4? I just started it for the
first time (snapshot 061112) and here are the things that crossed my
mind:

1. Nice work ;)

2. Toolbars are cluttered. I think there are too many things on the
toolbars and there are too many toolbars active by default. A way to
customize the contents of the toolbars would be really cool, but I guess
thats not really straight-forward with Qt-only.

3. Related to the above, the context menu is cluttered too. There are
too many things in there. It has 2 columns here with a 1050 resolution.

4. Please put a Splitter into the preferences. It got a bit better in
eric4, but that may be only because it doesn't load the translation
files yet. In eric3 I cannot read all entries in the left list, when the
settings dialog is opened. A splitter would resolve this quite nicely.

5. If the integrated help-viewer would have tabs I might throw away my
konqueror's running for docs ;) But that really is a christmas wishlist
;)

And last but not least one bug: Splitting the view and then closing the
lower one with Ctrl+W doesn't remove the split (I only have 1 document
per view open)

Other than that the first impression is quite good. Although I expected
a bit more visual changes. But then what could you improve on a
greate IDE ;)

Andreas

--
Do not sleep in a eucalyptus tree tonight.